Personalizing the Funeral or Memorial Service
Your loved one was a special individual. Bullock Funeral Home can help you celebrate their life and honor their memory with a meaningful funeral service that reflects their unique character and personality. Let us help you say good-bye with a funeral service that provides your family with comfort in your loss, as well as lasting memories for the future.
The way you choose to say good-bye can be as varied and unique as your loved one’s personality. When considering ways to personalize the funeral or memorial service, remember the time you spent with the person and think about the qualities you remember them for. You may want to consider the following questions as starting points for creating a memorable good-bye:
- What was your loved one like as an individual?
- What was your loved one’s occupation or profession?
- What types of hobbies and activities did your loved one enjoy?
- Where did your loved one prefer to spend their time, and what did they do?
- Was your loved one a spiritual person?
- Did your loved one have any special charities or causes that they were passionate about?
- What other achievements did your loved one accomplish?
- What other special memories did you share – places, vacations, special occasions, family events?
- What other things were meaningful to your loved one, and still are to the surviving family?
If you are looking for something more than a standardized, “cookie cutter” funeral service, Bullock Funeral Home is happy to partner with you to help memorialize your loved one. Our creative staff will work with you on distinctive and dignified options to make your loved one’s service as special as they were.
We will work with you to create a personalized memorial display that speaks to the life your loved one lived and enjoyed. For example, if the person was an avid fly fisherman, we might create a table arrangement using some of their fishing equipment, photos from fishing trips, maybe even a mounted trophy fish. If your loved one enjoyed quilting and fabric crafts, we might use actual examples of her work and bring in her sewing machine to use as part of the display, or choose to have her casket draped with one of her creations. There are so many unique opportunities for personalization; please feel free to discuss your thoughts and ideas with us.
Memorial Videos are the perfect way to celebrate and honor the life of a special loved one. Designed with healing in mind, tribute videos bring memories of happier times to family and friends and become a keepsake that will be treasured for years to come.
Keep in mind that now is your opportunity to say good-bye in a unique and meaningful way – one that will touch the hearts and live on in the memories of those who shared in the life of your loved one.
Please contact us for more ideas and suggestions (803) 469-3400.